- This competition is open to UK residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees and their immediate families of the Saint-Gobain group, their agents or anyone else professionally connected with this competition.
- The competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary, however to enter the following conditions are mandatory:
- To be actively in the process of a self-build project for an individual dwelling for which you already have outline planning permission;
- To appoint a Passivhaus competent architect to design the dwelling, produce the plans and specify the products to be used;
- To work in collaboration with Saint-Gobain and your architect to produce your self-build dwelling to meet the criteria of a MULTICOMFORT building and become accredited to this standard by Saint-Gobain’s appointed independent assessors; and
- To agree to your self-build dwelling project being used for promotional and marketing purposes to promote the MULTICOMFORT building standard.
- The winner will receive up to £50,000 of free construction products from the Saint-Gobain group and technical support including modelling of the proposed self-build dwelling project (the “Prize”).
- The building materials provided will be building materials manufactured or supplied by Saint-Gobain businesses. The winning entry will choose from agreed building materials (manufactured and/or supplied by Saint-Gobain and chosen by the winning entrant in conjunction with their architect) from their local Jewson branch (subject to availability). The price charged for the building materials making up the Prize will be a discounted price from the shelf price of such building materials as advertised by the Promoter. The Promoter’s decision as to the winning Project is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Any supply of materials through the Prize or through a Jewson account will be subject to Jewson Limited’s terms and conditions of sale (for a copy of the Jewson Limited terms and conditions of sale please see www.jewson.co.uk). Once the entirety of the Prize has been used, any further purchases through a Jewson account will need to be paid for in cash or alternatively, it may be possible to open a credit account subject to acceptable credit references being provided (please contact your local Jewson branch manager for details).
- To enter the prize draw, simply complete the requested details on the entry form here at multicomfort.co.uk.
- The competition is open for entries from 15th August 2016 to 15th October 2016. Entries must be received by 23:59 on 15th October 2016 (the “Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date will not be considered for the prize. The Promoter accepts no liability for any entries received after the Closing Date.
- All competition entrants may be contacted by an employee from Saint-Gobain to seek clarification and further information based on your entry, on the proposed self-build dwelling project to ascertain it’s suitability to become a MULTICOMFORT building reference project.
- A winner will be selected by the Promoter from all complete entries received by the Closing Date. The Promoter’s decision shall be final. The winner will be notified by e-mail or telephone within 28 days of the closing date.
- The winner will be notified by email or telephone (using details provided at entry) before 15th November 2016. Each entrant must provide a postal address to claim their Prize. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within 14 days of being notified by the Promoter, then the Prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- In their response, the winner will be required to fully accept the conditions as set out in clause 2 above and enter into a full contract with the Promoter based on these terms.
- The Prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- The Promoter reserves the right to replace the Prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter's control make it necessary to do so. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for failure to deliver as a result of industrial action or other circumstances beyond its control.
- The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the Prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend this prize draw where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the Prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. An entrant’s statutory rights are not affected.
- The name and county of the winner will be available by sending an email to multicomfortUK@saint-gobain.com within thirty days after the date of the Closing Date of the prize draw.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Accepting a prize may give rise to a tax liability which will be the winner’s responsibility.
- An entrant’s personal data will be used by the Promoter for the purposes of administering this prize draw. [By entering this prize draw, an entrant is agreeing that from time to time the Promoter (including its group companies and its and their various trading styles (an “Associate”)) or a third party may send the entrant information by email or SMS about news, offers, goods and/or services that the Promoter and/or an Associate feel may be of interest to the entrant. If an entrant does not want the Promoter and/or an Associate to use his/her personal data to contact them by these means and for these purposes, they should not submit the entry form and enter this prize draw or they should tick the correct opt-out box at the point of submitting their entry to this prize draw. Personal data supplied during the course of this prize draw may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the Prize.
- In relation to this competition:
Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Promoter or its employees, agents or others or for fraud.
b. Subject to clause 22a, the Promoter does not accept responsibility for any fault, malfunction, damage, loss or disappointment suffered by an entrant and/or a winning Project howsoever arising from entering the competition or accepting any Prize whether due to any error, omission or other caused by the Promoter or its employees, agents or others.
c. Subject to clause 22a, the Promoter is not responsible for any damage or loss caused to an entrant and/or winning Project (i) which is not reasonably foreseeable to the entrant and/or winning Project and to the Promoter when the entrant and/or winning Project agrees to these terms and conditions (which occurs automatically when the entrant participates in this Promotion) or (ii) is reasonably foreseeable to the entrant and/or winning Project and to the Promoter when the entrant and/or winning Project agrees to these terms and conditions but is only indirectly related to the entrant and/or winning Project participating in this Promotion.
d. Subject to clause 22a, the Promoter reserves the right to amend any element of this Promotion, including these terms and conditions, or foreclose this Promotion and cannot be held responsible for failure to deliver for reasons beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to strike, lock-out, labour dispute, illness, act of God, natural disaster, adverse weather conditions, war, riot, civil commotion, accident, epidemic or pandemic, malicious damage, fire, flood and/or storm, compliance with law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, breakdown of plant, machinery or transportation. The Promoter is not responsible for any loss or damage caused to the entrant and/or winning Project as a result of any of these occurrences.
- The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Promoter: Saint-Gobain Construction Products UK Limited (company number 734396) whose registered office is at Saint-Gobain House, Binley Business Park, Coventry, CV3 2TT, United Kingdom